A Corporate History Built On Experience
With inventive and visionary thinkers working collectively to push the boundaries of marketing, the idea for Smart Circle was born over 30 years ago. Today, we lead the industry, customizing innovative sales programs and creating opportunities for unparalleled growth and success.
- Larry Tenebaum starts selling consumer products door-to-door in Toronto, Canada, and within six months, establishes his own direct sales company.
- Larry helps several former sales representatives start their own direct sales businesses.
- The business evolves into what was to become Innovage in Canada, with a growing network of independent corporate distributors in Canada and abroad.
- Innovage continues expansion into the United States and grows its independent sales network.
- Michael Meryash’s direct sales company is acquired, and Michael joins as CEO.
- Firestone Tire becomes a client.
- Pizza Hut joins the growing roster of food and restaurant clients.
- Los Angeles Clippers and Anaheim Ducks and other professional sports teams become clients.
- Wolfgang Puck restaurants become a client.
- George Graffy joins Smart Circle.
- The Los Angeles Kings, Kansas City Royals, Seattle Mariners, New York Yankees and many other professional sports teams join the roster of professional sports clients.
- A partnership with D.A.R.E. is formed, allowing the independent sales network to raise funds and awareness for project D.A.R.E.
- George Graffy becomes President of Smart Circle.
- Smart Circle begins providing lead generation services in the home improvement industry, including inside Home Depot stores.
- DIRECTV becomes a client.
- Smart Circle begins roadshows inside Sam’s Club and Costco.
- Smart Circle begins roadshows with Kroger, HEB and Albertsons.
- Smart Circle and RGS Labs join forces to create the FW1 Pink Promotion, supporting The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, with donations totaling $4,500,000 by March 2015.