A new year means that business conferences are starting to fill many of our calendars. You may be a veteran attendee or this may be your very first time to attend. Whatever category of attendee you fall under, this article can be used as a check list or guideline to help ensure you get the most out of your business conference.
- Set Goals for Your Meeting:
Do you have a question you want to ask one of the speakers? Are you looking to network with your peers? Whatever you goals are it is important that you write down your objectives along with a plan of how to accomplish these objectives.
- Make A Plan of Attack:
Everyone’s time at the business conferences is valuable. To help accomplish your meeting goals, try to set up a few minutes with your targets in advance. A quick email, “Do you have time for a quick fifteen (15) minutes to meet with me, while we are attending the upcoming conference?” By pre-planning these meetings it will give you time to create a quick agenda in your notes, with must ask questions for this meeting, to ensure that you don’t forget to ask that critical question in the moment. In the article, Seven Ways To Prepare Before You Attend Your Next Business Conference, writer Peter Daisyme suggests. ” Since the main purpose of attending is to network and get new ideas about my industry, it’s important to decide who you want to meet and also set up potential meeting times in advance.”
- Answers to Key Questions:
Business conferences are a field-day for networking with your peers, there is no other time that you will be in a room with so much relevant talent. Make sure that you are prepared to talk about your goals and objectives. It is also nice to spend time in a group and hear everyone discuss their recent success, so be prepared to share yours!
- Plan Downtime
To get the most out of your time at your business conference it is important to be well rested and ready to soak up all the information that is being presented.
- Confirm Your Attendee Registration
It is important that before you depart for the business conference that you have received your confirmation email from the conference. Without confirmation it is possible that your rooming assignment or your meeting attendance have not been booked.
- Helpful Items To Consider Packing:
- Note Pad: to be able to jot down valuable information that you learn.
- Three – Four pens: you can never have enough pens!
- Portable Battery Charger: It is possible that you will be away your room for a majority of the day, so having one of these bad boys will help ensure you stay connected.
- Phone Charging Cable: To also help ensure you stay connected make sure to pack your phone charging cord.
- Mints to share: (these are a great conversation starter!) you never know when a simple gesture of kindness can start up an important conversation.
Whether you are a veteran or a first-time attendee to business conferences, it is important to remember the reason why you are attending. Use this opportunity to network with your peers and learn from the information that has been specifically curated to help you thrive in the coming year. Be excited to be there and more importantly be willing to learn something new.
Find out more about Smart Circle by clicking here.